How does this process work?
- You purchase a number unique to your company that mobile phone users can text to.
- You then pick out key words to be texted to your number that kick off certain return messages. ex: "Job Fair" "Store 87" "Site 25"
- Post this number and the desired key word on billboards, print ads and anywhere you are running placements.
- When a candidate spots your message and texts the key word to the number they will receive an initial message. The messages usually run 140-150 characters long. This includes spaces! This is how all the shortened words showed up like THX (thanks.)
- After this initial message you can direct them to an additional number allowing them to receive extra information.
- Sometimes you are able to then hold on to these numbers and send out additional texts with updates about positions open, new job fairs or updates to your website. The key is moderation; don't leave a bad taste in your candidate's mouth by bombarding them with repetitive messages. They are probably having to pay for each one you send.
- Metrics and measurements of who is calling and from what area are occasionally available at the end of your purchase or throughout the life of your campaign. Take advantage of this and review where and when your hits are strongest. Consider this research when building for the next campaign.
Have a great weekend!